Friday, August 31, 2007

For those about to rock, here's Elvis


















Interview with the Los Angeles Times, 1957...

Wally George: "When will you write more songs?"
Elvis: "That's all a hoax. I can't even read music."
George: "What about your guitar?"
Elvis: "Can't play it -- use it as a brace."
George: "What do you think of rock 'n' roll?"
Elvis: "It's the greatest ever, mainly because it's all I can do."

--------

Preparing to meet a group of Scandinavian Princesses, 1960...

"Is it another of those highness deals?"

--------

At his only meeting with the Beatles, 1965, as remembered by Paul McCartney...

"Look guys, if you're just going to stare at me, I'm going to bed."

--------

Commenting on his movie career, mid 60's...

"The only thing worse than watching a bad movie, is being in one."

--------

Again on his movie career, 1969...

"I get tired of playing a guy who gets into a fight, then starts singing to the guy he's just beat up."


No comments: