Sunday, November 9, 2008

Open letter to Barack Obama

Dear President-Elect Obama,

Congratulations on your great political achievement. In one fell swoop you became President of the United States and the first black person ever elected to the highest office of a majority white country. Well done. I guess that old saying really is true, only in America.

Your win proves what we conservatives have been saying for years, racism in America isn't near the hindrance to minority success that your party's race peddling demagogues would like us to believe. That's not to say some racism doesn't exist, of course it does. But America is the least racist country in the world and has achieved a level of national decency where about the only thing that limits us, any of us, is our own talent and determination. Now if you will use your considerable influence to explain that to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and their ilk, that would be awesome. In fact, it would be change I could believe in.

As you may have surmised, I voted against you. I did so for the same reason millions of other typical white people did, you're a liberal. I would have voted against you even if I had never heard of your terrorist friend, your America hating, racist preacher or any number of your unsavory associations. That you held these people close says something about you, I just don't know if it's that you are a radical leftist ideologue or simply a calculating pragmatist. I hope it's the latter. But either way you're a man of the left and the ideas of the left are harmful or fatal if swallowed.

I'm pretty sure you already know, but just in case I would like to remind you of some of the harmful things modern American liberalism has given us. The way I see it, those who voted for you support;

Punishing success through higher taxes in order to spread the wealth around.

The welfare state which has addicted millions to the drug of government.

The soft bigotry of low expectations through affirmative action and racial preferences.

Killing unborn babies.

Babying killers.

Equality of outcome over equality of opportunity.

Violating the 2nd amendment through restrictive gun control.

The religious belief that is the myth of man-made global warming.

Junk-science that conjured up make believe dangers about DDT resulting in it being banned in the use against malaria, which has caused over 30 million third world deaths--and counting.

Political correctness, for God's sake! When you hear of a little league baseball game where no score is kept for fear of someone's snowflake getting his feelings hurt, that's the left. When a 1st grader is expelled for drawing a picture of a knife, that's the left. When a 76 year old grandmother is the subject of a random airport search instead of the swarthy man standing in line behind her, that's the left.

Etc. etc.

One final thought before you get on with governing. Many of your fellow liberals suffer from a condition known as Bush Derangement Syndrome, an affliction of the left manifested by an irrational hatred of President Bush. It's quite unattractive. I can't speak for every conservative, but now that the race is over I intend to hit the reset button and base my judgment of you on your performance in office. When I think you're right I'll give you credit, when I don't I won't. We'll see how it goes.

Time to go. Good luck. May you live and be well because daughters need their fathers and because your Vice President is a buffoon.

Citizen King Selfish