Thursday, October 4, 2007

This is scary weird

In case you didn't know or have forgotten how truly unstable the animal rights people are, read this shit.

I have always been fascinated with the idea of knowing what goes on in the minds of people I consider to be "way off". For instance Ted Bundy,a man who was thought to be normal by those who knew him, yet who in his spare time, kidnapped, tortured, raped, murdered, raped again, dismembered, and many times raped yet again, some 40 innocent, attractive young women who were total strangers to him. Bear in mind that it is not his repulsive deeds that interest me, it is the process by which he morphed from a cute little baby cooing and smiling at his momma into a hellish fiend who would revisit the rotting corpse of someones little girl three months after he had murdered her in order to sexually molest her yet again. Now, before you decide that I've gone crazy, I said all of that in order to say this.

While the people quoted on the website linked above, are not as vile as Mr. Bundy, they are, like him, so far out there that I can't even begin to guess at a possible route they took to get there. At times though, I have been teased with small insights.

During a conversation with my older sister, who is an animal rights activist, though somewhat less militant than those previously quoted, she stated with a straight face that not only do animals have rights but inanimate objects as well. I managed to maintain my composure and asked her if she meant things like a hammer, a fence post, or a chunk of asphalt. She explained slowly and carefully, as she is wont to do when speaking to an unenlightened cretin like me, that she mainly meant things like high quality hand crafted antique furniture and objects d'art and whatnot. It was at that point that I got a brief glimpse into her mind. She was confusing rights with value. Yes animals have value, a 500lb Angus steer fresh of the teat is worth about $700. Our old family dog Belle had a great deal of value, to us. When she was dying of cancer there is no telling how much I would have payed for a guarantee from God that she would live another 3 or 4 healthy years. But the fact that I am silly and sentimental enough to place a high value on my dog does not imbue said dog with rights. In fact the idea that HUMANS have rights is, to this very day, hotly contested in almost every country where white people are a minority. In closing, I just want to say that I am glad that there are people who are smarter than me trying to determine how these people get to be the way they are. Maybe someday they will figure it out and we can close off those particular mental pathways before any more of these poor souls get too far gone to bring back.

2 comments:

King Selfish said...

Thanks. Reading those quotes turned my head into a giant, over-ripe pimple. I now have flies hovering around me, attempting to light on the pus that is oozing from my ears.

The Vicar of Vanity said...

I actually almost posted that sight and commented on it last night, now I am glad I didn't. I could not have articulated that point near as well as the archduke did. Great post. To me, the self delusion of some of these activists is a form of insanity which of course I think all Dogma (pun unintended) may be. It is good to see quotes like these though since it supports my opinion that I had formed years ago for animal "rights" activists.