Thursday, December 14, 2006

TEST

This is a little test that I came up with to try to showcase just one area where things are a wee bit out of round. Read the column of names on the left and ask yourself three questions- Do I recognize the name? Can I put a face to it? Do I have some idea what this person did to get famous? 12 names x 3 questions = a perfect score of 36. Then do the same thing for the column on the right. If my guess is correct, a LARGE majority of people will score between 32 and 36 on the lefthand column and a LARGE majority will score between 0 and 3 on the righthand column.

Britney Spears.......... Paul R. Smith
Justin Timberlake.... Jason Dunham
Snoop Dog.................. Randy Shugart
Lindsay Lohan.......... Gary Gordon
Paris Hilton............... Robert L. Howard
Dennis Rodman........ Fred W. Zabitosky
Andy Dick................. Jimmie E. Howard
Paulie Shore.............. Thomas R. Norris
Kanye West............... William F. Dean
Naomi Campbell........ James E. Johnson
Kate Moss.................. Hector A. Cafferata
Diddy.......................... Joseph Vittori

Since everyone knows what type of people populate the lefthand list (talentless, irrelevant, attention whores), I'll go straight to enlightening you as to the people on the right side. The 12 men on the right were selected from the 370 or so American servicemen who recieved the Medal of Honor in the last 56 years. You will have to trust me when I say that I did not try to pick the most obscure examples. Some of these men are the most famous, whose stories are most often told. You wouldn't have known the other 358 either. I dare say that not 1/10th of 1% of people in the USA could name one man of the 370, with the percentage of high school students being even smaller. To me, that is a shame. The media ignores our real heroes in order to focus on silliness and scandal, while highschool and college textbooks avoid these men and their exploits like the plague. I don't get it.

Outragedly yours,
The Arch BY GOD Duke

P. S. If you care to read a little about these men just type in their names. I suggest you pay special attention to numbers 5,7,8,12,11,1 in that order. One interesting note is that number 5 is said to be more highly decorated than Audie Murphy.

2 comments:

The Vicar of Vanity said...

Great post Archie Angry. I am convinced after reading your post that you should start writing and sending those chain emails that everyone gets from time to time. I really think you should copy and paste that post and mass email it and watch it zoom around the country.
the VIC

King Selfish said...

I failed. Bad test.