Thursday, January 11, 2007

Memories are Made of This

It's funny the things you remember. Many years ago I was watching one of those news-magazine shows, probably 20/20, and in one of the segments some scientist was explaining how the average household is not much more than a pit of filth. Most of it was stuff that everyone has heard, like how a kitchen cutting board is more germ-ridden than a toilet, blah, blah, blah. What got my attention, and caused me more than a little trauma, was when the little scientist guy began talking about how nasty laundry can be. He stated that in the typical family of four, the water from a load of laundry contains so many parts per million of fecal matter. I don't remember the exact amount, I just remember that it exceeded my feces comfort level. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to share.

King

2 comments:

The Vicar of Vanity said...

And I too have a fecal news memory. Here's the poop..... Jack in the box - E. Coli - Dead kids. News says that there was too much fecal material in the meat. uh too much? I would like to see the transcript of the Scientists who got their bs' in bm'
on the acceptable level of poop in food, of course it is cow poop and that is completely ok. Oh and what about 60 minutes and chickens floating in a "fecal soup." I guess what I am trying to say is I Really Don't Want to Know.
The Vic

King Selfish said...

Now you've done it, I'm starving.